All submissions are currently closed. Please visit us again for updates.
Thank you for your interest in submitting to TRACHODON. Please take note of the following general guidelines, and carefully follow those appropriate to your genre. Failure to do so may result in your work being deleted unopened, which would put a damper on our relationship. We recommend familiarizing yourself with the magazine first. Please consider subscribing, purchasing a paperback issue, or visiting our smashwords profile to download an ebook. As of Spring 2011, we only accept submissions through our submission manager. The only way to know for sure that your work is right for us is to submit. Good luck!
- General reading periods are April through May and October through November. Submissions of flash fiction for Cheek Teeth Blog are accepted year round through our online submission manager.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but notify us in the cover letter, and contact us promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Electronic submissions are required, via our submission manager.
- Please include a brief cover letter preceding your work, and a 3rd person, press-ready bio of 100 words.
- Fiction submissions are open to any topic or theme.
- Nonfiction submissions must explore artisan culture.
- Visual art should also reflect artisan culture or artisan practice in some way.
- We are not open to unsolicted poetry or memoir at this time.
- We try to respond to submissions and queries in a prompt manner. Feel free to contact the editor if you haven’t heard anything after two months.
- At this time, payment is two contributor copies, discount coupons, and free ebooks.
- Current subscribers are welcome to submit via email to editor[at]trachodon.org; doc or rtf attachments, please; non-subscribers submitting by email will be deleted without comment.
- Visit our submission manager for complete guidelines and descriptions of our preferences.